I randomly get cravings for stir-fry: 1) because I love vegetables 2) it involves a lot of vegetables :). You can pair all the veggies with a protein source like tofu or use a soy meat product. I like the items Quorn sells, and for this recipe I used Quorn meatless pieces chik’n tenders – they are pretty tasty and SOY FREE. Check it out below!
ingredients for the stir fry
- 1/2 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh green string beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 package Quorn meatless pieces chik’n tenders (comes as a frozen bag, 340 grams)
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice
- Fresh basil leaves for garnishing
ingredients for the stir fry sauce
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 3-4 tbsp organic ketchup
- 3-4 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 3-4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Note: measurements are estimates, adjust to your liking 🙂
instructions (makes 4 servings)
- Heat 1-2 tsp oil (I use toasted sesame oil for Asian dishes; but you can use olive oil) in a pan and sauté the onion and sweet potato together for several minutes (5-7 min). Add salt and garlic powder.
- Add the rest of the veggies (bell peppers, broccoli, string beans) and cook on low to medium heat for another 7-10 min. Don’t overcook them and keep an eye out on the veggies, you still want them to be bright and semi-crispy.
- While the veggies are cooking, place the meatless pieces in a separate pan and sauté in oil per package directions. When finished, add to veggie pan.
- Toss in all the ingredients for the sauce and stir well. Cook for a few min. Top with fresh basil and serve with rice.