Masala Naan Pizzas + Spicy, Creamy Pesto Sauce. Wanted to post this before the weekend, in case you’re craving pizza 😍. I love pesto but sometimes I don’t love the nutty texture of it, so I decided to experiment and came out with something fabulous. This pesto is nut-free, cheesy, spicy, and creamy! Store leftover pesto in the fridge and serve with eggs for breakfast or drizzled on top of scrambled tofu or other protein sources. This pizza hit the spot and you don’t want to miss it.
INGREDIENTS for the pizza
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PESTO SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8th cup olive oil
- Small handful of freshly chopped basil (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups baby spinach (fresh, not frozen)
- 3 tsp sour cream
INSTRUCTIONS (MAKES 6 naan pizzas)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F. Blend ingredients listed for the pesto sauce in a food processor until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil and add cherry tomatoes and onion. Cook until mixture is soft, 5-7 min.
- While above is cooking, lightly grill the naan on a pan. Top naan with pesto sauce along with the 2 cheeses. Place in oven for 5 min. Remove and top with sautéed onion/tomatoes along with jalapeño. Bake 3 additional min.