This soup is creamy, spicy, and so flavorful. It’s filled with veggies too. To me, it tastes like broccoli cheddar soup even though the base is cauliflower and it doesn’t contain any cheddar 🤷♀️. Either way, it’s AMAZING! Perfect to pair with wraps, sandwiches, salads, etc and great meal prep!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 big jalapeño, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp whole wheat flour (can use regular flour as well)
- 1.5 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Optional toppings: fresh jalapeño slices, shredded cheddar cheese, corn/tortilla chips
instructions (makes 6 servings)
- Melt butter in a large pot, add bell peppers and onion. Cook for 5-7 min until tender. Add jalapeño and garlic, cook for 3-4 min. Stir in corn & cauliflower. Top with flour, cook mixture until slightly brown.
- Add vegetable broth & seasonings and bring mixture to a boil for 2-3 min. Lower gas and simmer (with lid on) for 15-20 min.
- Turn gas off. Whisk in cream cheese thoroughly while mixture is warm. Use a handheld blender to purée into a semi chunky soup.
- Serve warm with tortilla or corn chips and top with fresh jalapeño slices and shredded cheddar if desired.