I am really getting into instant pot recipes. They are so easy, so flavorful, and usually make a ton of food so it’s great for meal prep! I love a warm, hearty soup especially in the winter. You can pair this with a side salad or sandwich to make a full meal. It’s creamy and rich so you can eat it alone too! Please tag me if you make this recipe, love seeing your creations 🙂
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (I use Knorr)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce
- 10 oz package frozen cheese tortellini (I used spinach cheese tortellini from Trader Joe’s)
- 4 tsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
instructions (makes ~4 servings)
- Hit the saute button on the instant pot, and place 2 tsp olive oil in the pot. Add cumin seeds, salt, and black pepper. Saute for 1-2 min.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and tomato to the instant pot and stir well. Cook for 4-5 min until vegetables are soft. Hit the cancel button to stop the saute function.
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the light cream and Parmesan. Stir well, cook on high pressure for 20 min (or hit “pressure cook” button to default to these settings).
- Once finished, change valve to “venting position” to release the steam. Add the light cream and Parmesan and stir well.
- Top with more basil & Parmesan if desired, and serve warm.