Homemade bagels – need I say anything else? Wait, there’s more! These are paleo, low carb, and gluten free. I can’t believe how good they taste. This recipes uses Simple Mills Pizza Mix which contains only 8 simple ingredients: almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, cauliflower, baking soda, organic oregano (this adds EXCELLENT flavor!), cream of tartar, and organic garlic. In general, I absolutely love this brand for their high quality taste and clean ingredients. These bagels have no sugar, and only 20 grams of net carbs per bagel. Did you know the average bagel has 75-100 grams of carbs? Honestly, this recipe is so simple and so delicious. I used a doughnut pan to make these (one with 6 molds).
All the credit goes to Rachl Mansfield – total genius with this recipe. I didn’t change much from her original recipe, check it out below!
- 1 box Simple Mills Pizza Mix
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp coconut flour (adjust this amount so the dough isn’t too wet)
- Everything but the bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s
instructions (makes 6 bagels)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Grease the doughnut pan well with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, apple cider vinegar, water, and oil. Whisk well.
- Add in the pizza mix, stir well. Gradually add the coconut flour so the dough isn’t too wet. It should be semi stiff.
- Evenly distribute the dough into the pan so you have 6 bagels. Sprinkle “everything but the bagel” seasoning on top of each bagel.
- Bake for 15 min. Enjoy warm with desired topping such as cream cheese, butter, etc. Freeze extras, if there are any 😉