I love this recipe from Eat Good 4 Life. HANDS DOWN, one of the best pizzas I’ve made. It’s super easy and super delicious – love when those two words go hand in hand. This combination of ingredients were just made to be 🙂 Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
- 2 lbs shredded mozzarella
- 2 store bought pizza doughs (I love Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust for this particular recipe)
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 2 cups of kale (stems removed, cut into small pieces)
- 11 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 4 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
instructions (makes 2 large pizzas)
- Grease two 10″ by 15″ inch baking sheets lightly with oil. Follow the directions on the pizza crust label for preheating the oven. When using the dough mentioned above, I pre-cook it on a sheet for 5-7 min to get it slightly cooked initially. After the pizzas are pre-cooked, set them aside.
- Place the onions in a skillet with olive oil and cook over medium to high heat until the onions are caramelized. This will take 6-8 minutes.
- Make the balsamic reduction sauce by placing the balsamic vinegar and sugar into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil for 1-2 min and then simmer on low heat, covered, for 10-15 min. Shut off gas, and let it cool (while covered). It will thicken.
- Place the mozzarella cheese on your pizza crusts, along with the caramelized onions and goat cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes (oven times vary), keep on eye on it so it doesn’t overcook.
- When the cheeses are melted, top with kale and stick back in the oven for 1-2 min.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on top and drizzle the balsamic reduction sauce. Serve immediately.