These are scrumptious, and so easy to make! They are healthy too – no butter, no flour, and no refined sugar. This is my second batch in 2 weeks, because my toddler and I can’t stop eating them.
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats (loose rolled oats)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (I used @choczero maple pecan sugar free syrup)
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS (MAKES 12 MUFFINS)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Place 1.5 cups of the oats into a food processor to make “oat flour.” Save 1 cup separately to keep as whole oats.
- Mash bananas really well so that there are no lumps. Add eggs, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla – stir well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients (1.5 cups oat flour, 1 cup whole oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix! Allow mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes to soak up the oats.
- Pour muffin batter into a tray lined with muffin wrappers. Spray lightly with oil. Sprinkle more cinnamon on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes – a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin should come out clean.