This recipe uses my FAVORITE 3 Cheese Vegetable Ravioli from Trader Joe’s and marinara sauce from Bronx Little Italy (it’s super clean and soo tasty!). It’s easy to whip up and very satisfying.
- 1 package three cheese vegetable ravioli from @traderjoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil flakes
- 1/2 crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup broccoli stems, finely sliced (you can sub this for green bell peppers or any other crispy green veggie)
- 2 @traderjoes Italian sausage-less sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce + 3-4 tbsp extra sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used fresh cheddar and pepper jack, but Parmesan or mozzarella work also)
instructions (makes 2-3 servings)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil on low to medium heat for 3-5 min.
- While the onion/garlic is cooking, boil a pot of salted water for the ravioli. When the water is gently boiling, add the package of ravioli and cook for 4 min. Drain and set aside.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the pan with onion + garlic. Add salt, garlic powder, basil, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir well and continue to cook for another 5 min until tomatoes get soft. Add broccoli stems and cook for another 5 min. Add sliced sausage links and cook for 5 more min.
- Add 1 cup of marinara sauce to the pan and stir well into the veggies. Carefully toss boiled ravioli into this saucy mixture. Place 3-4 more tbsp of marinara on top + add shredded cheese. Sprinkle more basil and crushed red pepper if desired.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.