Welcome to the dish you are going to make this weekend! I promise, it’s so easy and you guessed it, SO DELICIOUS! We love Thai food around here and especially when it’s extra soup-y and contains noodles. I used Explore Cuisine organic brown rice pad thai noodles for this recipe – very delicious noodles and clean ingredients. If you haven’t heard of this brand, you need to go explore their products! Very healthy and packed with plant based protein which is great for vegans and vegetarians. They sell organic bean pastas (mung bean rotini, black bean spaghetti), organic pasta made out of chickpeas and lentils (including an organic green lentil lasagne!), and organic brown/red rice pastas. These products contain a great amount of fiber too which is fantastic. I don’t get paid for any of this – I am honestly just sharing my opinion on healthy products that I find and love! Anyways, check out the recipe below – hope you love it. Ps. this is vegan / dairy free!
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 carrot sticks, cut into small slices
- 1/2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 box (or 4 oz) organic brown rice Pad Thai noodles by Explore Cuisine
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 oz green curry paste (I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/4th cup freshly chopped scallions
instructions (Makes ~3-4 servings)
- Saute the vegetables listed above in olive oil for 10 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare your noodles per the directions on the box. The brand I used contains four individual packets (2 oz each) of noodles. When they are finished cooking, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut milk on low heat for 2-3 min. Add the green curry paste and brown sugar and continue cooking for another 2-3 min until well combined. Add the sautéed veggies and noodles to the curry sauce and top with basil and scallions.