If you’re looking for a guilt-free yet delicious dessert, you’ve come to the right page. These fudgy perfect little brownie bites are healthy, vegan, naturally sweetened by dates, and contain no added sugars, butter, eggs, or flour (only almond/coconut flours needed).
- 1 cup soaked cashews (I let mine sit in warm water for 15 min; save the “cashew water” as you’ll need it for this recipe)
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 5 big pitted dates soaked (again for 15 min in warm water)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/3 cup cashew water (aka the water your cashews were soaking in)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 7-8 tsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (vegan or regular, can go sugar free here too)
- Shredded coconut for topping
instructions (makes 8-10 bites)
- Drop all of the ingredients, minus the coconut flour and chocolate chips, in food processor. Process until smooth. Refrigerate the mixture for 5-10 min.
- Remove mixture from fridge and slowly incorporate coconut flour into the batter. You’ll form a semi soft “dough.” Let this sit for 10-15 min.
- Roll the dough into balls and top with chocolate chips; dust with coconut shreds.
- Enjoy now or later by storing them in an airtight container in the fridge.